The candidate selected for this position will help to develop a center of excellence for a state-of-the-art optometric practice within extremely busy optical retailer.
We are seeking an full-time Ophthalmic assistant or Optometric assistant for a company that is involved in providing patients with comprehensive eye health exams via Ocular Telehealth technology.
Candidate must have an upbeat positive personality, is articulate, maintain excellent customer service and multi-tasking skills.
This is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to grow in an evolving professional service, and support of new cutting-edge ophthalmic technology.
Position is located in Middle Village, New York
Preferred Duties of Ophthalmic Assistant:
- Patient registration and intake via EMR
- Patient scheduling and coordination
- Interfacing with optical retailer Proper medical history taking
- Knowledge of common eye diseases and symptoms
- Measure visual acuities at distance and near utilizing the appropriate test
- Perform preliminary screening test and be able to recognize and record abnormalities
- Ophthalmic instrument technique
- Maintain proper documentation
- Conduct Autorefractions, Lensometry, Manual Refractometry, Visual field, Retinal imaging
- Calibration and maintenance of each instrument and machine
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience as an Ophthalmic Technician
- Manual Refractometry skill preferred, but not required
- Basic office equipment and computer skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated interest in quality improvement
- Bi-lingual a plus, but not required
- Flexibility to work weekends
What We Offer (FTE):
2 weeks’ vacation accrued during the first year of employment.
5 sick/personal days
Health benefits with company contribution for single coverage
401KAmeriflex FSA Annual pair of eyeglasses with exam